Home Marble Floor Cleaning Tips
Many of you invest in costly marble stones to impart richness and luxurious feel to your home interiors. But when this stone loses its sheen in some time, you begin to wonder whether the investment was really worth it. Well, ofcourse, investing in marble can give you a lifetime of beauty and rich appeal for your interiors, but it comes with one condition. You have to maintain this natural stone well. It is not completely maintenance free and lack of proper care leads to staining, chipping, mold and mildew occurrence and even cracking. It is better to get a professional marble floor cleaning service to maintain the beauty of your stone.
Characteristics of Marble
- Marble is mined from the earth’s crust in a raw form and is then polished to get the shiny stone that we install in our homes.
- Marble is also available in many colors, designs and textures.
- Marble is highly porous like all natural stones.
Problems with Marble Stone
- Only dusting and mopping the surface regularly will only clean the dirt accumulated on top of the surface, but liquid spills, food and oil spills, easily penetrate inside the surface, settling in the pores. The dampness inside the pores offers excellent breeding ground for germs and mold.
- Mold and mildew breeding inside the pores quickly spread on the entire surface, leaving a nasty looking greenish black mark.
- Marble stone also gets stained easily by food spills. These spills, if not cleaned immediately, penetrate inside the pores leaving a permanent stain.
- This natural stone also gets chipped easily due to heavy impact.
- Acidic cleaners often cause etching on the surface.
Some Important Tips for Cleaning your Marble Stone:
- If there is a spill on your marble stone, refrain from spreading the spill to wipe it, instead try and blot it using a tissue or a blotting paper. This will prevent the stains from spreading everywhere.
- Do not use acidic cleaners to clean your surfaces as these will cause etching. Buy a good-quality marble floor cleaner with a low PH level or get one that is alkaline.
- Clean your marble floorings regularly to remove all the dirt, grime and dust accumulating on a daily basis.
- Get your stone sealed by experts to prevent staining and molding issues.
- Use a maintenance cleaner for maintaining your services once the experts have sealed your stone.
How does a Professional Marble Floor Cleaning Service Help to Maintain Marble Surfaces for Long?
Professional marble floor cleaning service can be hired by companies specializing in such treatments and procedures. It is generally better to take their services if your marble stone is badly etched and tarnished. They have patented procedures and high-quality marble floor restoration products, with the help of which, they deliver a new life to your stone. Their experts are highly trained and some good companies even offer labor warranties on their services. This gives you an added assurance of their service quality.
Not only cleaning, professional companies even offer to restore your marble stone by repairing the chips and cracks with powerful adhesives, sealing the grout and stone and even polishing the stone at last to remove the scratches.
Home Marble Floor Cleaning
You can also perform marble cleaning yourself by purchasing high-quality products from reputed companies. If you want to use home remedies for marble cleaning, then keep the following tips in mind:
- Do not use vinegar to clean marble floors, as it is highly acidic and may cause etching.
- You can use baking soda for cleaning stains. Just sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on your stone and use a soft-bristled scrubbing tool to remove the stains from the tile and grout.
- Do not use abrasive steel scrubbers, as they may cause scratches.
- You can even clean your marble tile with a soapy solution made from dishwashing liquid and warm water. Remember that this solution can help to remove light stains only.
- For more stubborn stains, you might have to invest in a marble tile cleaner.
These are some easy tips for marble floor cleaning. You can choose to do-it-yourself with home remedies or store-bought products. You can even choose to hire a marble floor cleaning service, if you do not have the time.