All You should know about Lip Filler After-care
Lip filler after-care is a matter of concern for many people after they have already performed lip injections. This kind of cosmetic injectable injection has become very popular in the recent times and is dedicated to resolve some concerns and answer those questions.
How can you lessen swelling after lip fillers?
· Do not perform strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
· Avoid sweltering temperatures for the next 24 hours when the treatment is done.
· Drink lots of water.
· Apply ice pack on your lips.
· Avoid taking excessive salt for 24 hours as this may cause dehydration.
Is it possible to eat after lip injections?
· On the first day, you should stick to those foods that can be eaten and chewed easily. Thus, you will have less chance to wipe your lips and disturb injection site.
· Do not take vitamin E supplements for a few days as this may increase the risks of bruising.
What are some do’s and don’ts after lip filler?
· Choose foods that you can eat easily
· Carry your lipstick and lip liner at the appointment as this can be applied immediately after the treatment to cover up bruising
· Do not massage your lips or kiss after the procedure and possibly for the next 24 hours if it is your first lip filler injection
· Try to be gentle with your skin while washing for 24 hours
· Do not use any harsh chemical brush or exfoliating agent for 24 hours
· Do not go for a facial massage for two weeks
· Do not use a straw to drink for the 1st day as this can put pressure on your lips
· Avoid drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours after you have had fillers
· Do not perform your exercises excessively for 24-hour
There can be some short-term side-effects with lip fillers and these include:
· small amount of bleeding from your injection site
Symptoms of lip necrosis after filler
Necrosis has been defined as “the death of most or all of the cells in a tissue or an organ due to some kind of injury, disease or failure of the blood supply.” necrosis with lip fillers in London is very rare having only 1 in every 100,000 cases, and this generally takes place from one of 2 causes:
By hindering the supply to blood vessel through injecting too much filler or by producing too much swelling just near the blood vessel. This obstruction leads to lip necrosis as the soft tissue cannot get the blood flow it requires.
It is possible through direct damage that has been caused due to poor injection technique.
The symptoms of lip necrosis may include the following:
· severe pain that may occur after the treatment as the numbing cream used during the initial therapy wears off and pain can be felt.
· prolonged white blanching after lip fillers which occurs due to the lack of blood flow on the affected area
· lessened temperature of the lips which takes place due to the lack of blood flow that reduces the temperature
· discolouration which can be dark grey or purple as this is the final stage when tissue death starts taking hold
What should you do when you have lip necrosis after lip fillers?
If this starts during the treatment, then your practitioner should stop the treatment right away, massage the affected area, apply heat and tap the area for repetition.
If this does not immediately stop the necrosis, then the practitioner should start with remedial treatment based on the kind of filler used. You might be asked to take aspirin and if it does not stop the necrosis, then you will be referred to another medical expert and proper care will be needed.
Can lip injections damage lips?
Lip injections do not cause any damage to your lips and the filler used (hyaluronic acid) is actually a naturally occurring acid that can be absorbed slowly by the body. Any damage caused to your lips occurs due to improper technique created by the one who is giving the injections. Lumps, swellings and bumps which are around your lips might be an indication of this kind of problem. Thus, your dentist can provide lip filler injections as they have proper knowledge of lip structure and can avoid such unnecessary problems in future.
Will your lip fillers shrink lip size afterwards?
Lip fillers will not shrink your lip size afterwards but hyaluronic acid is used as the filler will be absorbed slowly by the body. This will provide the false impression of shrinking lips however they won’t shrink smaller than before the treatment is done.